For a first installation (if you don't already have the Chan'beauté app)
It's here , because the update is not necessary.
To install FileMaker·Go 18
If your version of iOS allows, install FileMaker·Go 18.
- To find out, use this link and your AppStore will open. If FileMaker·Go 18 is available, you can install it for free.
- Otherwise go to the update step directly.
› FileMaker·Go 18: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/filemaker-go-18/id1438460792
To avoid losing your personal and customer files:
- To learn how to move your Chan'beauté app from the old version of FileMaker·Go to the new one:
👍 Instructions on this other page.
To update your Chan'beauté app
From your iPad\iPhone, you must download this document:
If you do it with the Safari browser on your iPad and you are up to date (iOS13), you will see a small blue circle at the top right.
It's discreet! And when the download is complete, the blue line under the circle will disappear.
- Tap the circle to open the list of downloads.
- In the list then appears the document CBYact15.fmp12
- Tap it to select it, because it is now in your download folder.
- Then will appear in the center of the screen:
and at the top right a blue square with an upward arrow on which you must press.
- Then appears the list of possible applications that can open this document "CBYact15".
Scroll to the left to reach FileMaker·Go 18 which is represented by a turquoise icon and its name is often truncated in "FileMaker Go..." for lack of space.
- When the document “CBYact15” opens, a message in 3 languages appears to warn you that you are about to update your Chan’beauté interactive magazine.
☞ Press OK.
- If everything went well, cute little pink hearts appear.
☞ Press OK.
🌸 You will see that on the cover, Carole has changed tools!
- Press the "Settings" button to verify that your details have been copied.
Find that you are in version v.15 and come back to the cover with the Chan'beauté logo button which is always located at the bottom left.
🔸 Navigate a little by putting your iPad in portrait position and also test horizontally.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the Practical treatments are presented differently depending on the position of your iPad.
My delirium: I consider that the iPad is more pleasant to "leaf through" in portrait position and that it is more practical to work when it is installed horizontally (with or without keyboard).
This is why the Practical treatments have less text in landscape format.
And now take advantage and see that the app is more fluid.
- To find out where I broke my keyboard on, consult the update log from general preferences.
- From this technical update, the next one will be easier 😥
Cleaning the iPad “download” folder
Now that your Chan’beauté interactive magazine is installed, you must delete the documents that remained in the download folder of your iPad\iPhone.
Returns to the start screen of the iPad\iPhone.
- Put your iPad in a landscape position.
Since the new version of iOS, you have at the bottom of the screen what is called the "Dock". This gray bar shows the latest apps used.
You notice that the second icon represents a blue folder on a white background.
- Open it and choose in the left column the downloads folder.
All the documents that you have downloaded before appear on the right.
- At the top right the word "Select" must be present. Touch it.
- And now, touch the documents you want to delete.
A blue ✔︎ will appear on each selected document.
Take this opportunity to erase everything you no longer need and thus make room.
Apple does not invite you to the cleaning, because like this you fill your iCloud and they can then offer you to buy space. It annoys me and never happens to me because I throw everything away!
In any case, delete what you want, but above all delete FileMaker documents (like the last update). No worries, because they are in FileMaker·Go which is also a container folder.
FileMaker·Go only currently contains your interactive Chan'beauté magazine, but it will also contain the PDFs that you will generate.
We will also develop other multireflex apps.